The average cost of dental insurance in Missouri is about $30 to $40 per month for an individual plan. Family plans cost an average of $50 to $60 per month.
So, if you are searching for the best dental insurance in Missouri, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll review over 16 of the top dental insurers in Missouri, USA. Whether you’re a student, a young professional, or a family of 3, we have a dental insurance plan in Missouri that will suit you.
Let’s get started.
Table of Contents
Key Factors to Consider When Choosing Dental Insurance in Missouri
Here are some key factors to consider when choosing a dental insurance plan in Missouri:
- The cost of premiums and deductibles
- Coverage limits
- Network of dentists
- Waiting periods for major treatments
- Coverage for pre-existing conditions, and
- The availability of additional benefits like orthodontics or cosmetic dentistry.
By carefully considering these factors, Missourians can choose a dental insurance plan that meets their unique requirements and offers the best value.
How to Evaluate the Cost-Effectiveness of Dental Insurance in Missouri
You can determine the cost-effectiveness of your dental insurance plan in Missouri by checking the “balance” between:
- Coverage Percentages, and
- Out-of-pocket costs.
Start by considering your actual annual dental expenses, including preventive care and any anticipated treatments. Compare this estimate to the total annual cost of your dental insurance plan, including premiums and deductibles.
Additionally, evaluate the coverage percentages for different procedures to understand how much your dental plan will contribute towards your dental costs.
Tips for Maximizing Dental Insurance Benefits in Missouri
To make the most of your dental insurance in Missouri, follow these tips:
- Prioritize preventive care, as most dental insurance plans cover routine exams and cleanings at a higher percentage or even fully.
- Regular check-ups can help identify and address dental issues early, preventing more extensive and costly treatments.
- Understand your plan’s coverage limits and utilize any available annual maximum benefits. Plan treatments strategically to make the most of these allowances.
- Stay within your plan’s network of dentists so you can take advantage of negotiated rates and maximize coverage.
- Finally, maintain good oral hygiene habits and follow your dentist’s recommendations to minimize the need for extensive treatments.
16+ Best Dental Insurance in Missouri
The following are the best dental insurance in Missouri:
- Delta Dental
- Health Insurance Organization
- BlueCross BlueShield dental insurance Missouri
- Missouri State University
- Liberty Dental Plan
- Missouri Dental Association
- Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services
- University of Missouri
- Missouri Retired Teachers Association and Public School Personnel
#1. Delta Dental
Coverage Features: Individual Dental, Dental & Vision Insurance, No waiting periods, and many more.
Delta Dental is one of the largest insurers in Missouri that offer dental insurance plans with no waiting period. They offer you a variety of individual and family dental insurance plans.
Some of the features of Delta Dental dental insurance plans in Missouri include:
- Wide network of dentists: Delta Dental has a wide network of dentists in Missouri, so you can easily find a dentist near you who accepts your plan.
- Coverage for preventive care: All Delta Dental dental insurance plans cover preventive care, like cleanings, X-rays, and sealants.
- Coverage for basic and major services: They also offer plans that cover basic and major dental services, such as fillings, crowns, and bridges.
- Flexible plan options: Delta Dental offers a variety of plan options to fit your budget and coverage needs.
- Discounts for paying on time: Delta Dental offers discounts for paying your dental bills on time.
According to a 2022 survey by J.D. Power, Delta Dental was ranked the #1 dental insurance company in Missouri. The survey considered factors such as customer satisfaction, claim satisfaction, and product offerings.
Though their monthly premiums can be higher than some other dental insurance companies and still have waiting periods for major services, you can still check them out to know if they suit you.
Coverage Features: Individual Dental, Dental & Vision Insurance, Low-income, No waiting periods, and many more.
Humana is popularly known as a Medicare Advantage HMO, PPO, and PFFS organization that offers dental insurance plans with a Medicare contract.
They are well known across the states in the US. Feel free to learn more about them.
Anthem offers you the ability to get a stand-alone dental insurance plan anytime during the year and you can also add it to one of their health insurance or vision insurance plans.
The plans Anthem offer you provided coverage for your preventive care like regular cleanings, exams, X-rays, and procedures like fillings, crowns, and root canals.
Some of their family plans provide coverage for orthodontics and dentures.
Check them out.
Coverage Features: Individual, Low-Income, Cheap Dental Insurance, and many more…
eHealthInsurance offers you one of the most affordable dental coverage in Missouri that covers your routine services and dental procedures of all kinds in order to help you reduce costs.
eHealthInsurance individual dental insurance plans start at $8.95/Month.
#5. Health Insurance Organization
Coverage Features: Individual and Cheap Dental Insurance
Missouri’s health insurance marketplace offers you certified individual and family dental plans from over nine insurers in Missouri.
To get a plan for yourself or your family, inquiries show that your premiums range from $20 to $94 per month.
You can check them out.
#6. BlueCross BlueShield dental insurance Missouri
Coverage Features: No waiting period, Dental and Vision, Cheap Dental Insurance, and many more…
BlueCross BlueShield offers you one of the cheapest dental insurance plans in Missouri in that they even offer you a $1,000 annual plan maximum.
These are the services covered here:
- Preventive services such as exams, cleanings, and X-rays have no waiting period.
- Basic services like fillings and extractions are covered with 50% and mostly have a 3-month waiting period.
- Major services are not covered in some Missouri dental insurance plans.
You can visit them in your location.
This is one of the insurance providers where you will also get one of the most affordable dental insurance plans in Missouri.
DentalPlans.com offers a dental savings plan such that you will be able to receive up to 10-60% discounts on your dental services ranging from checkups to braces, dentures to root canals.
Here there are no paperwork or waiting periods…
#8. Missouri State University
Coverage Features: Individual Dental Plan.
If you are an employee of the Missouri state university, then good you know that the university pays the full cost of her employee dental coverage.
This means your dental coverage is covered unless you want to purchase family dental insurance for your spouses and eligible dependents, then you pay for the cost of family dental insurance through payroll where you will also get a deduction.
Coverage Features: Individual Dental, Dental & Vision Insurance, No waiting periods, Cheap Plans, and many more.
The MCHCP offers dental insurance plans to the state of Missouri through MetLife, and these plans have a few features including:
- $2000 annual maximum benefits per person which don’t apply to dental exams, bitewing X-rays, and a few others.
- A $50 annual deductible per person applies only to Basic Restorative (Type B) and Major Restorative (Type C) Services.
Check them out.
#10. Liberty Dental Plan
Liberty Dental Plan of Missouri is a licensed privately-held full-service dental plan in the state of Missouri providing dental benefits to Missouri residents since 2010. Their leadership team collective has over 250 years of experience in the dental industry.
Some of the dental products LIBERTY offers you include:
- Reduced Fee-For-Service Plans
- EPO/PPO/Indemnity Plans
- Self-funded Dental Plans
- ASO (Administrative Services Only)
- Direct Reimbursement
Learn more about this plan here.
#11. Missouri Dental Association
MDA runs its subsidiary, Missouri Dental Insurance Services, Inc. which is a for-profit agency dedicated to supporting its members through quality dental insurance programs
The MDIS team is dedicated to finding the best solutions for their clients by providing quality dental insurance for their families as well as their staff and their families.
Feel free to contact them to become a member of staff so you can benefit from their dental coverage.
#12. Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services
Missouri Medicaid covers dental care.
A lot of details you need to check out.
#13. University of Missouri
The University of Missouri offers two coverage options:
- Dental Base Plan
- Dental Buy-Up Plan.
Both options cover preventive, basic, and major services, and the Buy Up Plan expands coverage to include orthodontics (up to $1,500 maximum lifetime benefit), a lower deductible, and a higher annual maximum.
Here, no matter your provider, your deductible and coinsurance remain the same as long as the charges are reasonable and customary.
#14. Missouri Retired Teachers Association and Public School Personnel
Are you a retired teacher or a public school personnel in Missouri?
This big savings dental Plan from Missouri Retired Teachers Association and Public School Personnel and Association Member Benefits Advisors (AMBA) covers everything from routine checkups to procedures like root canals and complex extractions, and more!
Here are a few features of this plan:
- You can choose your own dentist – No network is required.
- You can Save up to 50% – With a dentist in the Ameritas Dental Network.
- There are No Waiting Periods – For covered services during open enrollment.
- High Calendar Year Maximum
Coverage Features: Dental and Vision Insurance, PPO, and others…
UnitedHealthcare is one of the few health insurance companies in Missouri that offers dental and vision insurance plans as well as other variety of dental insurance plans, with different levels of coverage and premiums.
Their plans provide coverage for preventive care, basic services, and also major services.
Coverage Features: Dental and Vision Insurance, Supplemental dental options…
Ameriats is a known non-profit health company that also offers dental and vision insurance plans in Missouri. They offer dental coverage and provide preventive, basic, and major services for everyone including children and seniors.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between dental insurance and dental savings plans?
Dental insurance typically involves paying a monthly premium and then filing claims for covered services. Dental savings plans, on the other hand, don't involve any monthly premiums. Instead, you pay a discounted rate for dental services at participating dentists.
What should I do if I lose my dental insurance?
If you lose your dental insurance, you should contact the insurance company to see if you can get a temporary plan. You can also search for new dental insurance plans online or by contacting a licensed insurance agent.
- 13+ Best Dental Insurance in New Jersey
- 19+ Best Dental Insurance in Florida
- 11+ Best Dental Insurance in Connecticut
- 15+ Best Dental Insurance in North Carolina
- 9+ Best Dental Insurance in Tennessee
- 9+ Best Dental Insurance in Oklahoma
- 10+ Best Dental Insurance in Indiana
In conclusion, it’s now a lot easier for you to get your dental insurance policy in Missouri. This article highlights over 16 amazing dental insurers and plans that will help you get good dental coverage.
So do well to check them and out, and maximize these dental packages.